Requirements for participation
Continue with the application process if you are willing to agree with ALL of the following requirements:
Emerging Artist Requirements for Warner Park or NoHo Summer Nights
- For our Emerging Artist Showcase series, we welcome music of all genres and styles. However, emphasis will be placed on performers/bands who are musically compatible with our scheduled headline acts.
- Emerging Artist’s performance must consist of at least 90% original work. They may play no more than two cover songs during their set.
- Bands must provide their own backline equipment*.
- Space is limited at Warner Park. For an Emerging Artist, we can accommodate up to 9 band members.
- Space is also limited at North Hollywood (NoHo Summer Nights). For an Emerging Artist, we can accommodate up to 7 band members.
- For Warner Park, Emerging Artist must be willing to perform for 45 minutes from 5:30 PM to 6:15 PM.
- For North Hollywood (NoHo Summer Nights), Emerging Artist must be willing to perform for 45 minutes from 7:00 PM to 7:45 PM.
- Each performing act must provide a high-resolution photo for print and web use.
- Each performing act must provide a one-paragraph bio for print and web use.
- Each performing act must be willing to promote their event via your social media and website by providing appropriate links.
- Please minimize speaking during your performance. You are there to perform your work.
- Each performing act may NOT use vocal or instrument backing tracks. Your performance MUST be 100% live.
- Please, no foul and/or inappropriate language in your lyrics or suggestive body language while on stage. Our concerts are family-friendly events.
- Don’t be late for line check or your performance. Be ready to perform when called to the stage.
- Leave your egos at home.
*It may be possible to share some or all backline equipment with the headliner act. VCF’s sound engineer will contact you at least two weeks in advance to confirm. Plan on bringing your own backline equipment.
What Valley Cultural Foundation Provides
- A world-class sound system, including crew and qualified engineers
- A travel stipend ($TBD), payable upon completion of your set
- A 10’X10’ canopy and space for general promotion of your band. This includes table and chairs.
- A 10’X10′ enclosed changing space for you and your band.
- Free parking is available for you and your band members. Parking is located on Magnolia Blvd. or in the parking lot next to the site.
- A quick line check per instrument and vocal microphones. We will not have time to do a complete sound check.
- Further rules will be provided to the band’s lead contact person. It is this person’s responsibility to disseminate the information among band members. Respect and courtesy are two ideals we value greatly.
If you are in agreement with each of the aforementioned items, please continue with the application process. Please be sure to provide the most appropriate contact information. We will not reach out to multiple parties throughout the selection process.
"*" indicates required fields