Rules & Regulations
You must read and understand the following rules prior to registering your band or as a solo artist.
- Submissions will be accepted beginning on November 1, 2022, through December 30, 2022.
- Deadline: All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm PST on December 30, 2022. All videos must be date/time stamped on or after November 1, 2022 to authenticate the video was created during the submission period.
- Please include:
- Links to artist’s social media platforms;
- Photo and short biography; and
- Downloadable link to a video of your entire Band/Artist playing a song (see criteria below).
- Please make sure the attached video link is easily downloadable.
- Please choose your application song carefully. This will be your first-round song submission.
- Registration does not guarantee participation.
- Bands/Artists will be announced on January 6, 2023. All participants are required to attend a mandatory Zoom meeting before the official start of the battle.
- Contestants must submit an original song.
- Please submit a good quality downloadable video. All submissions must be date stamped on or after November 1, 2022.
- Song lyrics must be family-friendly. Songs with obscene subject matter, use of profanity, or songs of a suggestive nature will not be considered.
- Song length must be between three (3) and five (5) minutes.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- Band or Solo Artist playing original music from any type of genre.
- Band /Artist whose members are at least 18 years old as of December 30, 2022. Absolutely no exceptions.
- VCF will not be responsible for any type of travel expense for the final competition.
WHO CAN NOT ENTER?
- Full-time employees of Trade Show Productions, MSS Audio, and Valley Cultural Foundation.
- Previous winners of Rock the Valley – Battle of the Bands competitions held by Valley Cultural Foundation.
- All confirmed registrants must have at least one member attend Registration Night via Zoom at 5:00 pm PST, on January 13, 2023.
- You will be notified at the Registration Night meeting on January 13, 2023 what day and time your video will air.
ROUNDS (subject to change):
- The First round of Rock the Valley will begin on January 23, 2023. The competition will be set up tournament bracket style, with a total of five (5) Bands/Artists performing each day per round, with the top ten (10) advancing to the next round. You will be notified at our Registration Night Zoom meeting on January 13, 2023, which day and what time your video will air.
- The Semi-Final round will consist of up to five (5) Bands/Artists per night.
- The Finals will be based on COVID-19 restrictions. VCF is aiming for a live final performance. Participants will be notified after the Semi-Finals.
- VCF is not responsible for air travel or hotel accommodations for the Finals.
VOTING & JUDGING:
- It will be a virtual voting platform for the first 2 (two) rounds. Final round will be live in the park. Voting TBD.
- Voting will be a pay-to-play vote. Each vote is $1.00, and you can vote as many times as you like.
- In the event of a tie score, VCF will determine the winner.
MARKETING & PROMOTION:
- Each Band/Artist will be responsible for promoting their submissions via social media platforms, websites, and YouTube.
- When posting on social media platforms, please use the hashtags #VCF, #RocktheValley, and #VCFRockTheValley.
- All Bands/Artists agree to have their name, voice, and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without compensation or right to royalties for such use.
- Make sure to encourage your fans, friends, and family to vote!
VCF is aiming to have a live performance at Warner Ranch Park. However, this is subject to change based on LA County Public Health regulations at the time of the show.
- Each Band/Artist must play or submit a different song for their Final performance.
- First Place: $500.00
- Second Place: $250.00
- Third Place: $100.00
Organizers reserve the right to adjust, modify, and/or clarify the rules of the event at any time for any reason.
All rules, regulations, voting, judging, and procedures are ©2020–2023 Valley Cultural Foundation. Unauthorized duplication or replication in whole, or in part, is a violation of applicable laws.
Nov 1, 2022: Open for Submissions (Registration)
Dec 30, 2022: Registration Closes
Jan 6, 2023: First Round Bands/Artists will be announced
Jan 13, 2023: Mandatory Zoom meeting, 5:00 pm PST
Jan 23 – Jan 27, 2023: First round of competition to air online
Jan 30, 2023: Those advancing to next round will be notified via email
Jan 31, 2023 – Feb 10, 2023: Second round of videos submitted
Feb 20 – 24, 2023: Semi-Finals round of competition to air online
Feb 27, 2023: Finalists will be announced the next day on social media and by email
March 11, 2023:
Finalists’ performances live at Warner Ranch Park with winners announced at event
Finalists’ performances to air online with winners announced one hour after
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to either of the following:
Rock the Valley Battle Manager / Valley Cultural Foundation Executive Director
Please note, applying does not guarantee you will be selected to participate. Your application will be reviewed by staff and selected participants will be notified. Please be sure to provide the most appropriate contact information. We will not reach out to multiple parties throughout the selection process.
"*" indicates required fields