Music That Made The Emmys
The 73rd Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony is now in the history books. each year the Television Academy recognizes excellence through its annual Awards and this year was no different, especially in the music category.
Many will comment on how it was ran, who was there, what was good, and what wasn’t, but those tend to be the Monday morning quarterbacks. We would rather take a moment to recognize and congratulate the outstanding winners from the music categories that are not often in the highlight reels.
- Outstanding Music Composition for a Limited or Anthology Series, Movie or Special (Original Dramatic Score 202. The winner was The Queen’s Gambit “End Game” composer Carlos Rafael Rivera
- Outstanding Music Composition for A Series (Original Dramatic Score) – 2021. The winner was Star Wars the Mandalorian- Chapter 16: “The Rescue” composer Ludwig Goransson.
- Outstanding Music Composition for a Documentary Series or Special (Original Dramatic Score) 2021. The winner David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet. Composer Steven Price.
- Outstanding Music Direction 2021. The winner was Bo Burnham “Inside”. Bo Burnham Music Director
- Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music – 2021. The winner was The Flight Attendant. Composer Blake Neely
- Outstanding Original Music and Lyric 2021. The winner Wanda Vision. “Breaking The Fourth Wall/Song Title Agatha All Along”. Music and Lyrics Kristen Anderson Lopez and Robert Lopez.
- Outstanding Music Supervision 2021. The winner I May Destroy You. “Ego Death” Music Supervisor Ciara Elwis and Matt Biffa.